Sunday, February 12, 2006

TEAM ALASKA

TEAM ALASKA

Hi all. Having a community of knitters is great fun. I have chosen to knit a sweater for myself. On Thursday I tested my tension to figure out the right sized needles to use and wound one ball of yarn. Friday at lunch time I went to a yarn shop to get the 3.5 mm circular needle and to get the rest of my yarn wound into balls. They had the needle I wanted but their winder was not set up to wind balls from the 360m yarn hanks(?) that I had. I started casting on the sleeves shortly after 7 P.M. Friday while watching the Olympics opening ceremony. I had set a goal to have the sleeves finished by the end of Sunday(today) with subgoals for Friday and Saturday. It took until 1:30 A.M. Saturday to accomplish Friday's goal and 12:30 A.M. Sunday to accomplish Saturday's goal. Maybe I'll get today's goal done by 11:30P.M. Oh, well, I took time to do my usual Sunday things so I'll have clean sheets to sleep on, clean clothes to wear, and food to eat.

I've enjoyed reading about the exploits from those of you who have shared. Go TEAM ALASKA.

Choc

No comments: