Monday, February 06, 2006

More Team Alaska members!

Just four more days to get ready...! You can tell everyone about your progress by posting to the “comments” at the end of each post, or if you provide your email address so I can send you a member invitation, by posting directly to the blog (including digital photos of your project).

Erin, recently relocated from Ketchikan, writes:
Go TEAM ALASKA!!!! Can I join up??? I just relocated from Ketchikan (2 weeks ago) but am still Alaskan at heart. (Can I come back???) My Knitting Olympics *event* is going to be the Beau sweater from Rowan Vintage Style. I'm still waiting for my yarn to arrive. . .but I'm sure it will be here for the lighting of the flame!

GO TEAM ALASKA GO!
erin...still dreaming of SE AK.

And Kathy in Juneau says:
I finally decided I HAD to be part of the 2006 Knitting Olympics. Just sent a comment to Stephanie's blog and wondered aloud about a Team AK .. lo & behold here you are! I’m in Juneau. Going to attempt a pair of the Jaywalker socks that all the bloggers seem to be abloggin' about. (Self-dyed, self-striping yarn). Now, let the games begin!

From Anchorage Sonda, writes:
YES!!!!!!
What a thrill!!
[I’ll make] a sweater/shrug for my niece's birthday. I'll also make something for
the neighborhood school, either a hat or mittens. Please let me know if
someone comes up with a group project.

Ladies, these projects sound great! Kathy in Juneau, where can we see a picture of these Jaywalker socks? And Sonda, and Kathy M, what kind of yarn/patterns are you using?

Wow, the Knitting Olympics has made the news! Links to the NPR interiew with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, and an MSNBC blurb are on the right (Scroll down the page to find the article;the link is to the Rules).

Does anyone know any men who knit, who might like to join our Team? Most sports have both men and women competing, so why not the Knitting Olympics?

I'm off for a couple of days, but back before the Olympics start.
Linda

1 comment:

kathy in Juneau said...

This is a link to the pattern for the Jaywalker socks:

http://magknits.com/Sept05/patterns/jaywalker.htm

Though I've knit socks before, I've never knit these, and I've NEVER completed a pair in 16 days. The yarn is self-dyed merino from KnitPicks. The colors aren't perfect (photos soon, I hope), but the striping bit is awfully fun. And I'm hoping they'll keep me going.. you know,something like "I must get some sleep, just one more stripe ..."

kathy in Juneau (ky@pobox.com)