Sunday, February 12, 2006

My first project is done! Here she is...made from the feather and fan pattern from the Folk Shawls book.
shawl
I had to cast off earlier than I thought because I was running out of yarn, but its a pretty wide shawl nonetheless. Its made out of Heaven (90% kid mohair!) by lorna's laces.

My next project for the knitting olympics is the "craving to knit" cardigan from the yarn girls guide to simple knits. I'm making it out of thumper yarn from crystal palace. Its a great light blue color with flecks of lots of other colors in it. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get some new batteries for my camera =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holey Moley, that was fast. Your shawl is lovely. When the Olympics are but a memory, I'm going to start on some lace. Any suggestions? I'm a solid knitter, but have never done much lace to speak of. Yarn suggestions? Lace weight or fingering weight? Needles?

Linda in Anchorage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda in Anchorage said...

Wow, beautiful shawl. Is it triangular or rectangular? How much bigger (inches or cm) would it have been if you had had enough yarn?

Can you post a photo of the sweater as you start up again on it?

Keep on Knitting!

Erin Gratz said...

gorgeous! you may have won the Team Alaska speed knitter event. wowzeers.