Friday, February 10, 2006

The BIG NIGHT - Casting On; GO TEAM ALASKA

The news descriptions of the opening ceremonies sound great - I can hardly wait to see it!

Introduction from Choc:
I have lived in Ketchikan for 22 years and my name is Choc. My grandmother taught me to knit when I was 7 and I knit my first sweater 4 years later. The sweater I will be knitting is using wool and a pattern I got when I visited New Zealand, oh the places you can go with air miles. I will be using Crucci pattern Vol. 561 and New Zealand Aran wool. I will be making it shorter than the pattern shows.

We are 15, now! Several Team Alaska members are members of the Knitters of the North guild in Anchorage. They have cordially invited Team Alaska members in the Anchorage area to use their space at the Pioneer Schoolhouse from 1-3 p.m. on February 18 for a mid-Olympic Knit-along. Bring snacks and your project. The guild would appreciate it if we could contribute $5 per person, for use of the space. It would be good to get a head count if people want to do this, as not everyone is in Anchorage.

Gotta go, time to watch TV and CAST ON! Have fun on your projects!

No comments: