Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lovely Leicester Longwool...

Wow, those Olympians are something else! Just finished watching the swimming races. Michael Phelps and his teammates are incredible, and Dara Tores is no slouch, herself.

Just a little P.S. to my earlier post – to mention where I got the Leicester (pronounced "Lester") Longwool that I’m using for my Selbuvotter mittens. The first two skeins were from the heirloom flock at Colonial Williamsburg, but when I needed more, I had to search the internet, as there was no more available from that small flock. Lisa at Cranberry Moon Farm in Massachusetts had exactly the right match, in wool from her flock, so I purchased another skein of the natural white from her. I love the Leicester Longwool. It’s not as soft as Merino, when knitting, but it has a beautiful lustrous sheen, and my understanding is that it will “bloom” and get softer when washed. I’m looking forward to getting to that point...

Happy Knitting!

No comments: