Monday, August 25, 2008

Hi knitters,  It has been a busy two weeks and I had some surprise company for the last 5 days - so  I was having to sneak in my knitting to finish my Project. 
I had seen a stitch  pattern in a child's sock that I wanted to knit for myself  - that was my project for the Olympics.  I adapted an adult sock pattern to use this stitch - not too difficult in the end.  I also had purchased  sock yarn that was already knit into a flat piece called 'Flat Feet' produced by Conjoined Creations (www.conjoinedcreations.com).  The flat knit piece was hand painted; some of the choices were quite garish but the ones I saw knitted up turned out beautifully.  The idea behind the flat knit piece is that it is easy to travel with - no ball to roll off your lap.  I was eager to knit up this yarn and didn't wait for a trip.  I  watched much too much TV on opening weekend - it was raining outside! - and nearly finished the first sock!  The second one was a close call, but the ends were sewn in last night!  As soon as I take a picture of them I will try to figure out how to attach it to a blog :-).  Signing off with warm feet, Cathy

No comments: