Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Greetings from Edmonton

Hello fellow Alaska knitters! Well, yes, technically I'm in Canada, but I'm Linda's daughter, born and raised in Anchorage, so I guess I qualify. I'm really excited to have an excuse to sit down and do some knitting. My summer has consisted of a lot more of this:And not a lot of time working on this:
My goal for this Olympics is to end my struggle with the sleeves for this little sweater and finish it! Since taking the above picture I have ripped out both sleeves, re-knit one of them, only to find that it is way to big, and I am going to have to rip it out at least halfway and re do it again (not to mention knitting the other sleeve). When I'm frustrated with a project and its 85 degrees outside, well...I'm sure you can guess what I choose to do.
My mom is visiting this weekend for the Edmonton Folk Festival, so we will miss the opening ceremonies, but we will be knitting away at the festival I'm sure.
I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on!
Cait

1 comment:

Linda in Anchorage said...

It sounds like you're in the "WIP Wrestling" competition. Have you been on Ravelry lately to see what's going on there?